- On COVID-19
- Report titled ‘GUJARAT’S PUBLIC HEALTH RESPONSE TO COVID-19: DOCUMENTING THE PROCESS, MARCH TO OCTOBER 2020’ by Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand and team (Gautam Patel, Aadarsh Pillain, A. M. Kadri and Harsh Bakshi), was published on November 12, 2020. https://covid19.iima.ac.in/GUJ_COVID_forpublication.pdf
- New Publications by the RJMCEI.
- Research paper titled ‘Assessing Teacher Innovations: Expert versus Peer Ratings’ by Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand, Dr Samvet Kuril, Ketan Deshmukh, (sixth-year doctoral student) and Rukmini Avadhanam has been accepted for publication in the International Journal of Educational Management. (in press)
- Research paper titled ‘Dialoguing with teacher-educators, valorising teacher innovations’ by Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand, Dr Samvet Kuril, and Anurag Shukla (fourth-year doctoral student) has been published in the London Review of Education 18(3), 451-466. Doi: 10.14324/LRE.18.3.09.
- Research paper titled ‘Validating motivated strategies for learning questionnaire and invariance test across gender and caste groups in India’ by Dr. Deepak Maun, Prof. Kathan Shukla, and Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand has been published in Cogent Education 7(1) Doi: 10.1080/2331186X.2020.1853303
- Recent Presentations
- Anurag Shukla (fourth-year doctoral student) successfully presented his research paper entitled, ‘Rethinking Accountability and Performativity Culture of Publicly Audited Private Schools in Uttar Pradesh, India’ at the 3rd Annual Imagining Better Education conference at Durham University held in September 2020.
- Upcoming Presentations
- Research paper entitled, ‘Exploring associations between participant online content engagement and outcomes in an Online Professional Development Programme’ by Ketan Deshmukh (sixth-year doctoral student), Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand, Prof. Kathan Shukla, and Prof. Arnab K. Laha has been accepted for presentation at the IFIP WG8.6 Working Conference at the Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli, to be held in December 2020.
- Prof. Ambrish Dongre will be presenting his research paper entitled, ‘Can education do it alone? Evidence on women’s education and child health from India’ at the Winter School, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics in December 2020 and at the Annual Meeting, Population Association of America in May 2021.
- Prof. Devasmita Chakraverty will be presenting her research paper entitled, ‘Dual-degree training and the impostor phenomenon’ at the Annual American Educational Research Association (AERA) meeting to be held virtually in April 2021.
- Anurag Shukla, fourth-year doctoral student, will be presenting his research paper entitled, ‘Time and Temporality in the rhetoric and politics of childhood’ at The IX Conference on Childhood Studies at Tampere University, to be held virtually in May 2021.
- Prof. Vijaya Sherry Chand will be presenting a report titled, ‘The Private Sector in Management Education’, as part of the India Higher Education Report 2021.
- Multiple acceptances at the NARST Annual Meeting 2021!
- Prof. Devasmita Chakraverty will be presenting her research paper entitled, ‘Connections between negative academic experiences and the impostor phenomenon in STEM.’
- Parth Soni (second-year doctoral student) and Prof. Kathan Shukla will be presenting their research paper entitled, ‘Depression and Test Anxiety in Science Stream high Schoolers: Influence of Dummy Schools in India.’
The annual National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST) meeting will be held virtually in April 2021.
Congratulations to all the RJMCEI members!